1. On Thursday, Texas Governor Rick Perry criticized state senator Wendy Davis who thwarted a Republican proposal to restrict abortion, saying she had not learned from her own experience as a teenage mother born to a single mother. And apparently Perry didn’t learn from his own experience at the 2012 GOP Presidential debates to never talk again.
2. A day after deciding two major cases on gay marriage, the Supreme Court declined on Thursday to take up two more cases on the issue. In declining to hear the cases, the Supreme Court quoted actress Katie Holmes by saying, “Alright, enough with the gay stuff already.”
3. Yesterday morning, Paula Deen said she’s only used the N-word once. So, if anyone’s keeping track, Deen has problems with the N-word and the word “once.”
4. Over the weekend, Walle, a Beagle-Bassett hound mix, was crowned 2013′s World’s Ugliest Dog. Walle is so ugly that other dogs sniff his face.
5. Musician Andrew W.K. set a new world record after playing drums nonstop for 24 hours during MTV’s O Music Awards this week. The previous record was 22 hours, held by the guy who lives in the apartment next to me.
6. Yesterday, the New England Patriots released tight-end Aaron Hernandez only hours after he was arrested and charged with first degree murder. Proving that it you want to commit murder and continue playing football in the NFL you better be playing linebacker for the Ravens.
7. Rapper Tupac Shakur’s songs are set to be featured in an upcoming musical, “Holler if Ya Hear Me,” which will hit Broadway in 2014. So if Tupac doesn’t come out of hiding to stop this then he’s definitely dead.
8. Yesterday, a Los Angeles prosecutor charged singer Chris Brown with a hit-and-run after he was involved in a minor traffic accident. Say what you will about Brown, but this is a vast improvement over his usual hit-and-hit-again.
9. Former Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum has been hired to run a movie studio. As a studio head you have to make the tough decisions and say “no” to movies all the time, which may be hard for Santorum since he believes movies begin at concept.
10. A collection of items used in the investigation of former White House intern Monica Lewinsky’s sexual encounters with then U.S. President Bill Clinton are set to be auctioned off online. Experts say it is the first time in the history of the internet that if you buy a dress online, you can’t return it for being stained.