1. It has been reported that embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford initially tried to buy the infamous video that showed him doing crack cocaine. Ford eventually decided not to buy the “crack video” when he heard the word “video.”
2. Cultural icon Nelson Mandela died yesterday in South Africa at the age of 95. Man, even in death, Paul Walker gets second-billing.
3. On Thursday, Ford unveiled a global redesign of its Mustang sports car. “It looks great,” said every newly-divorced 50-year-old man.
4. This week President Obama refused to endorse a democratic candidate for the 2016, saying both Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden would make outstanding presidents. But, to be fair, he also thought he’d be good at the job.
5. Twitter is attempting to make its messaging service available to users in emerging nations who have entry level mobile phones which cannot access the internet. The biggest question is what users will do with the remaining 124 characters after they tweet “Please send food.”
6. According to a new study, women who were exposed to air pollution during pregnancy tended to give birth to slightly lighter babies. So, Chris Christie wasn’t born in New Jersey?
7. Yesterday, prosecutors in the state of Florida announced, Florida State footballer Jameis Winston, quarterback for the number one team in the nation, will not be charged with sexual assault. Apparently, prosecutors believed Winston’s story that he thought the accuser was a fan who was not pushing him away, but rather just striking the Heisman pose.
8. A new study says exercise boosts creativity. I don’t know about that, because if Richard Simmons is so creative, why would he go with that persona.
9. In an interview with Fusion TV, former President Bill Clinton said he “never denied” smoking marijuana. Clinton added, “I have always been truthful about what I’ve done when I had a joint in my hand, now as for cigars … ”
10. Scientists have discovered that insects can recognize faces. So they’re gonna be pretty pissed when they find out that they all look alike to us.