1. In a recent interview, Michelle Obama said Barack sings all the time around the White House. Mainly, because it helps to drown out the sound of the boos.
2. During an interview with Jay Leno on the Tonight Show, former President George W. Bush joked that he’s happy he’s not president now. Right back at you, buddy.
3. Yesterday, President Obama awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to 16 people, including former President Bill Clinton, talk show host Oprah Winfrey and 14 other people no one cares about.
4. Facing criticism for his approach to Hawaii’s homeless problem, state lawmaker Tom Brower says he has put away the sledgehammer he was using to smash stolen or abandoned shopping carts used by many homeless to carry their belongings. Those who saw him in the act called it “barbaric,” “unnecessary” and “funnier than Gallagher.”
5. On Wednesday, Google announced it will offer a prepaid debit card that will allow consumers to purchase goods and use ATMs. Google figured it was the next logical step since they already have all your banking information anyway.
6. A new study finds the likelihood of a woman remaining childless at age 35 increases with each year spent in a temporary work position. So sleeping with your boss may be the answer to all your problems.
7. A Los Angeles judge on Wednesday ordered Chris Brown to complete a 90-day substance abuse and anger management program. The judge is survived by his wife and two kids.
8. For environmental reasons, the Bill Gates Foundation has proposed making condoms out of beef. So, no, that’s not hollandaise sauce.
9. Clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch announced plans to offer larger plus sizes for its customers. The new plus sizes will be identical in every way to the small size items except that instead of bearing the iconic “A&F” logo all plus-sized items will be emblazoned with the word “Gap.”
10. According to new research, participating in sports raises the chances adolescents will abuse alcohol. Especially if they play for the Cubs.